Monday, February 18, 2013

Moved another one to Topsville!!

Knock one more UFQ off my list for this year.

I finished a very old UFQ. It was a mystery quilt that I started back in the late 1990s.  It is a Marti Michell mystery called "The Mystery of the Substitute Teacher" and uses the Perfect Patchwork Template Set L.  The pattern is dated 1997.

I am also working on my "OFF KQuiLTer" top for the class I started on Saturday. I have several blocks about half way done. She teaches the class two ways. One is using straight stitching to applique the blocks and the other is pieced. I decided to go with pieced blocks and they are moving along quite quickly. The quilt has 29 blocks and I have at least ten to the point where I am ready to add the background fabric which goes on last.   Here is a picture of the pattern we are doing. The designer is also the teacher of the class.

I have brownish colored background and am using floral/plant prints and accents for the centers and center borders.  So far I am liking what I have sewn with my background.  There are 29 blocks in total in the quilt, so we shall see how far I get between now and Saturday, March

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on moving another to topsville. That top is really amazing. The blocks look very difficult and yours are perfect.
    Can't wait to see the one in progress now.