Sunday, May 20, 2012

Embroidery Projects in the Works.

For the past several months I have been working on the Aurfil thread block of the month (BOM) for 2012. All the blocks are embroidery blocks and come out on the first Thursday of the month.  I have not done embroidery in years and thought it would be fun to give a try again.  I am loving it and have started a couple of other embroidery projects as well.  The Aurifil BOM blocks that I have done so far are are:
January:

February:

March:
April is in progress:

May is traced and ready to start as soon as I finish April.

I am also working on a Redwork embroidery called Winter Wonderland.
Here is the one block I have done:

This one is in progress:
 Here is a picture of the Winter Wonderland patter by Crabapple Hill that I am working on above:
 I still have a few of the larger block to trace, but decided to wait and do those later.

Here are a couple of other patterns that I have traced and ready to go:







 I will work on the over time and then make wall hangings of them individually or use some combined in a quilt.  I have not decided. Some will be in redwork and some in blue, and a few in white as I am doing them on a blue background.  I have several blocks prepped and ready to take on our vacation to work on while sitting on the balcony relaxing or reclining on the beach.  Though I am tucking a couple of books in my bag to read as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment