Saturday, January 2, 2021

2020 Projects Completed

2020 was a year! Everyone has their own thoughts on how things have been and every state was impacted differently depending on their governors, some good, some bad. It was a year in more ways than one. On the positive side, I have accomplished loads of quilty, sewing, knitting, and crocheting projects. I also finally caught up on my binding which I was way behind on for a multitude of reasons.

January started off slow. I only completed 4 snack mats, but I made progress on other projects while subbing for a friend full days and half days until she was fully back on her feet. I also designed a block for a sampler quilt that I am doing with friends. 


 February was a much better month for finishing things even though I was still subbing only this month I was doing the English Language Learners testing. I completed 3 - 5-minute runners, 1- 10-minute runner, a couple of counted-cross stitch UFOS, and hand-stitching the binding on my Triangle quilt. I also started a mystery quilt and a temperature quilt, which is a long term project, and cut out a couple of 3-yard quilts.


 I finished binding the Pajama Party Quilt and finished quilting and binding Bryce's Brew's wall hanging.


 I made 116 masks, finished quilting and piecing my minke snuggle quilt, and one kid snack mat.


 I finished hand-stitching the binding on my 8 pointed star quilt, On the Road Again (dolphins) quilt, Blue Debbie Caffery Mystery quilt, Buggy Barn Stars quilt, my Fall Tree Mystery quilt, and my Lady Bug quilt. I was busy binding this month and for several more months. 


 I finished binding my Crazy Hearts Quilt and made a new corn bag for me as my old one had several leaks and was dropping corn around the house. I also made a totebag as a gift for Christmas via zoom class. It was fun to make and I plan to make another in the future.


 I finished binding my red Saturday Sampler, which is king-size.  I also bound my braid quilt, my granny square quilt made 15 more masks, and finished binding my king size Log Cabin quilt which I had custom quilted by Shirley Jackson of Murray, Kentucky. I included a picture of the back so you can see the absolutely gorgeous quilting she did.


 I was busy in August I made a sunflower mug rug, a cow tote bag, a salt and pepper tote bag, a hot cocoa 5-minute table runner, and  felted a blue wool knitted bag. I was on a binding roll. I hand-stitched the binding on my Water's of Kauai, which I call Alaskan Ice quilt; Bryce's Lizard Quilt; my red, white, and blue stars swap quilt; my second baby quilt made for an ugly fabric challenge, and my second Shopping's Done wall hanging.  I also made 67 masks. 



 I made more masks and did the hand-stitching of the binding on several quilts. Daisy Days, which is hand appliqued took me several years just to finish the applique as I am very slow. Bali Jewels was a class I took via zoom this summer and was a gift for a friend who moved to Washington. Other quilts I finished binding this month include Something Fishy, Undercover in Chicago, a winter fabric quilt, The Quilting Room Mystery 1, March Winds, and my orphan block nine patches on point. 


 I was really on a binding roll in October.  I hand-stitched the binding on my single granny square quilt, California Confusion, Pick Up Sticks, my QuiltMashUp Christmas swap quilt, the pink Saturday Sampler quilt, Cut to the Chase, Argyle Beauty 2, Northern Nights, and the Stack and Whack, labeled Covid-19 as it made me think of the pictures of the covid germs, which I donated to the Arctic Valley Ski Club auction. I also made two rag flannel quilts that my husband did the snipping of the seams on, a Monopoly tote bag, a Christmas gift bag, two black masks for my son for when he has to wear his uniform for AANG, and finished stitching my Live Simply, Love Truly, Laugh Freely counted x-stitch.  


 I have been busy working on several knitting UFOs that I came across when going through some yarn. I finished a pink knit hat, a brown and rust knit hat, a purple and gray knit hat, and a reddish wool knit hat. I am donating the soft ones to chemo patients and the others to a shelter. I also made a Christmas snack mat. I attached binding to two quilts that I plan to do the hand-stitching on in December. I was also busy piecing blocks for a mystery that I will finish putting the rows together on in 2021.


I finished crocheting several other hats this month as well. December I finished hand-stitching down the binding on the Mystery that I started in February from the Quilted Cow. I also finished the latest Quilted Cow mystery blocks and made crocheted several more hats to donate. I finished the binding on the Mickey Mouse quilt, and two Dream Big wall hangings and pieced a small quilt that I need to quilt and bind. I also made a snack mat for a gift, and several bowl cozies for gifts as well. Lastly I put the finishing touches on the totebag I made as gift in June. My husband teaches jewelry at one of our local high schools and he made me etched brass sand dollars to add to the bag.

I worked on piecing several projects this year that will be moved forward in 2021 and finished a few tops that will be quilted in 2021 also. I am looking forward to spending more time quilting, sewing, quilting, knitting and crocheting, as well as doing other crafts and art journaling in 2021, now that I am all caught up on my binding. I am also hoping to post more frequently in 2021.