Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sewing Marathon

Last weekend I spent 12 hours sewing at my local quilt shop.  I feel that I accomplished my goals which were to finish the last of the hearts for Heart Crazies and to get the top for a jelly roll quilt done.
I finished 18 hearts, which have 15 seams per block, and took about 4 hours per set of nine blocks, with breaks to eat and chat.  

I also finished the top including the inner border for the jelly roll quilt and the outer borders are cut and ready to be added.
Moda Twirl Jelly Roll Quilt.  I used the black and white polka dots for the inner border and the black background with butterflies for the outer border.


All in all it was a very productive weekend, even given the time that I had to do the frog to unsew a few times on the one spot where the seams had to meet perfectly on the Heart Crazies top.

I am using the Buggy Barn Heart Crazies pattern.

Next up is to trim up all the blocks for the Heart Crazies and then figure out the layout so I can begin putting the blocks into rows.

5 comments:

  1. Pat's gonna want your Heart Crazies with the black, white & red allover.

    Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the heart quilt! 15 seams is a lot of piecing per block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hearts! Love the Twirl jelly roll quilt. You are really sewing up a storm!

    ReplyDelete