Wednesday, April 3, 2013

UFQs (Did not post when it was originally written)

I was busy the last couple weeks and moved three UFQs to topsville, finished piecing another quilt that was in progress, pieced backs for two quilts, and started on two other quilt tops.

I am sending two of the tops off to be quilted and when they return they will be bound and then travel to the recipients.

The first is a Blue and Yellow Friendship Star Quilt that I started for myself long ago.  I still need to piece the backing for this one.

The second was from a swap I did several years ago. I call it the Green and Burgundy Quilt. The backing is pieced and it is ready to go.

The third is from a swap I did years and years ago, where I sent out the focus fabric and asked that they use blues, and whites, with some green to make the blocks. I call it the Blue Hoffman Swap Quilt. I still need to piece the backing for this one.

The fourth is called .... and will be going to someone special when it is quilted and bound, so I am not posting a picture of it until I get a picture back of it with its recipient.  I finished the back for it and it is ready to go.

I am still working on finishing up things, especially my UFQs, but I am also working on new things that are gifts, including a couple of baby quilts and a quilt using the Pat Sloan pattern "Coins in the Fountain."  I have the strips pieced, but need to cut the sashing and the fabric strips that go between the pieced rows.  This one is a gift also.

No comments:

Post a Comment