Friday, June 15, 2012

Quilts Arriving Home for the Quilters

I came home to lots of goodies.  When I arrived back in Anchorage, yesterday, my friend Sally picked us up at the airport with two quilts of mine in the back of her car. She had picked them up from the quilter for me while I was gone.  The first is the New Year's Mystery which is beautiful. I love the flowers that were quilted.



The second is my Red, Cream, and Blue  Debbie Caffrey Mystery: Cut to the Chase.  Linda quilted stars with trails into this one and it is very appropriate since it is very patriotic.  It is beautiful.



Today the mailman arrived bearing boxes from the quilter in Tennessee, one large and one small.  The large one held my Crazy Hearts quilted quilted with a red and black variegated thread with hearts.  The thread color and the hearts quilting are a perfect compliment to the quilt.



The second is a strip quilt made with a Moda Twirl Jelly Roll.  The pantograph that Shirley used has a look of butterfly wings, which ties into the border fabric.  I love the yellow thread we decided on and the overall look of the quilt.



close up of quilting  Picture taken by Shirley Jackson, the quilter.



 Now I am busy working on bindings for these four and another that I picked up not too long before I left on our trip to Mexico.  No pictures of it yet, but I promise they will be posted soon. I am off to hand stitch the binding down on the strip quilt as I have it sewn to the front. Tomorrow I will work on attaching more bindings, since this weekend is dedicated to UFQs and now that these are home and awaiting bindings they are in that pile.
Happy Stitching!


6 comments:

  1. WOW Love the quilts and wonderful how quilting gives a quilt "life"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those quilts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did some beautiful quilting on these, & of course, I love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wanda - I so enjoyed working on your tops. Your piecing is amazing and I loved how everything laid so nice and flat on my machine. I hope we continue our quilting relationship. I'm very happy that you have joined the ranks of my satisfied quilting customers. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes Wanda. The quilts look even better now that they are quilted. Happy binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete