Sunday, February 3, 2019

Weekly Update - February 3

This week I cut out a couple of more of the blocks for the Gypsy Wife.    I am using my scraps and fat quarter or quarter yard pieces for the blocks. I am waiting to cut my strips when I am done with the blocks as I have not yet decided what fabric I want to use for the strips. I am thinking of using my black and white prints for the strips.  I have enough I could probably use one strip of each fabric and not have any two be identical.

Colour Wheel



Hope for Hartford











I have five of the larger blocks left to cut out for my Gypsy Wife quilt and then I will start cutting out the smaller filler blocks, though I do have some of the triangles cut out for them and one of them is done. I am having fun with the Gypsy Wife Quilt and look forward to seeing how it turns out. It is a long term project so will see how things go along the way and what it looks like when it is done.




I also worked on the heart blocks to finish the second ugly fabric challenge baby quilt. I completed the blocks and cut the sashing, cornerstones and borders on Wednesday afternoon and after dinner out with my hubby after I burned the onions for French onion soup because I was sidetracked I finished the top.  I can also share the first ugly fabric challenge quilt this week as the reveal was on Thursday.




I ordered a 16.5" ruler from Amazon that arrived earlier this week with a crack in it, so I had to return it. I am waiting on the replacement ruler so I can trim the memory quilt blocks as I hate trying to mesh two rulers together to trim larger blocks as they often slip and that causes worse problems. Hopefully, the replacement ruler will arrive later this week.

Wishing you a quilty week!
Wanda


No comments:

Post a Comment