Sunday, February 10, 2019

Gypsy Wife and Twenties Treasures

This week I spent time cutting out more blocks for my Gypsy Wife quilt, including a few to substitute in for a block that does not speak to me, Nurse's Cross and a few to add to the quilt as I want to incorporate some additional blocks to increase the size.  I also pieced one 6" finished heart block to substitute or add to the quilt since I am modifying it some for me.























I also pulled out a quilt to work on hand stitching the binding down and have been making progress on it.  This morning I completed the binding, though my fingers were going numb today.  It is an old Debbie Caffery Mystery from the mid to late 1990s called Twenties Treasures.  I used Doreen Speckman's Provence Fabric line.  It is a little busy for me when I look at it now because I cannot find anywhere to rest my eyes, but I still like it.  The quilt was quilted but Shirley Jackson, my awesome quilter.




To quote myself from a blog post from April 25, 2013, "I made a mistake in this quilt but was consistent in every block.  I did so well that when we laid the quilt out at class, even Debbie did not notice that I put one set of points facing the wrong way on every single block.  I already had the rows sewn together when I noticed it. Debbie told me that I had made it my own.  I gave it my own unique twist. I may add one more border if I have enough of the blue fabric."


My Aunt and Uncle also received their quilts, which I could not post previously as they were surprise gifts. My cousin Janie sent me these pictures of them with their quilts.  They loved them.










No comments:

Post a Comment