Monday, March 31, 2014

Ending 2013 and Beginning 2014


I started a long term sub job the beginning of November and my quilting went on hold.  I did manage to finish several pillow cases to mail to my son's unit in Cuba along with the pillow cases that were made by a love a lovely group of quilters who hang out in The Quilting Room on Facebook.


The troops appreciated them and my son sent me a picture of some to them with their pillow cases.

I also finished piecing a ton of half square triangles to make pinwheels.


I ended 2013 and began 2014 sewing the binding on my Day Dreamer Mystery.  They say whatever you do on New Year's Day you will do the rest of the year, and I made sure I was sewing. I feel that I was very productive in 2013. I completed several quilts moved several to bindingville, others to topsville, and made progress on more.  I also made a couple of bags, and other smaller items.

I have a pile of quilts all in need of hand stitching the binding down and one is at the quilter.

I also did a second long term sub job from mid January to early March which again cut into my quilting time, but the money feeds my fabric habit. :)

Since my last post I have completed the following or have them in progress:

I quilted this small baby quilt, and yes I did the quilting. I cannot do large quilts but I do very well with small ones.


I finished several rag time baby quilts for the babies being born to staff members at Tom's school. Here are just a couple of them:

 Hubby did the snipping on all four of the quilts.
 Here is the quilt I finished binding on the cruise.

This is Daisy Days. I started this quilt a long, long time ago. It is all hand appliqued.  I am not sure about the outer border. I may take it off and add a green border or I may add some more applique: green vines and flowers. 

 
I also  finished this twin size quilt top which is currently at the quilter. I am also making another larger, queen size, one with a different border, that is lighter in color. The pattern is called Argyle Beauty.

I made this cut bag with four zippers, called the Sew Together Bag.  It is by Sew Demented and the pattern can be found on Craftsy.

Outside

Inside which has three zippered pockets and is enclosed by a long zipper.

I have also made several buckets using the pattern Bucket Brigade, by Atkinson.

I made this one for Tom to keep his wire in that he is using to make jewelry.


These two are for me. The little one is going by my machine for scissors and my ripper.
The large one is going to go next to my chair for holding handwork and knitting.

I am using batik scraps to make a granny square quilt.  This is the first block.  I have the strips sewn for eight more blocks.  I need to cut them and sew them into blocks.












2 comments:

  1. You are always so productive. Love the pic of the guys with the pillowcases. What fun to see all the big smiles. I bet 'personal' items in a world of uniforms are even more special to them.
    Great finishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. I had fun with all of them and was very glad the guys liked the pillow cases. It is hard being so far from home for the holidays.

      Delete