Saturday, January 12, 2013

Busting UFQs

Today I finished the top for one of my UFQs and it will be going to a friend after it is quilted.

I started on another UFQ only to discover that one of the blocks, which I  received in a swap years ago was so badly done it was falling apart at the seams literally.  I cannot believe that even a beginning quilter would allow such a poorly sewn block to leave her house, but obviously one did. I trashed the block as there was not hope of saving it, though I did try taking it apart and putting it back together, but it was no use. Luckily, I received 15 blocks in the swap and am only using 12 in the top so the extra two will go on the back.
I am pressing another set of UFQ blocks today so they are ready for me to put together for a top, as my goal is to move as many UFQs to topsville as I can.
I will post picture tomorrow as it is too dark for me to get a good one this late in the day, after all it is Alaska and our days are short in the winter.


  1. Way to go Wanda! I hope to be moving some quilts from UFO to topsville and some from topsville to ta-done.

    1. Hoping I get them both to topville this weekend and get the other two off in the mail to the quilter the first part of next week.