Monday, January 28, 2019

Weekly Update January 28

This last week I was subbing every day so did not accomplish as much as I would have liked to have accomplished, but still feel that I did pretty well-moving things forward and making progress.

I had two extra blocks from the ugly fabric challenge and bought more of one fabric I used and two others that complemented it so I could make two more blocks to finish the top. I actually tried to do this without having the blocks with me and bought fabric that would not work as the colors were too far off. So back to the quilt store, I went, with the blocks in hand this time. I bought fabric that works and more of the other fabrics I had bought, plus a border fabric for the new colors that also works as the third fabric I need to complete the blocks. I cut the fabric for all six blocks and began piecing them. I have two almost done and will hopefully finish up the top this next week since I am not subbing until Friday. I would love to also finish the third top. All three are roughly 45 to 50" square and will make great baby gifts once they are quilted. Hopefully, someone will have a girl as the colors and pinks and peaches or corals.  I will try to include the fabrics, but I cannot show the finished blocks or tops until January 31.




I also started on the Gypsy Wife quilt. I joined the 2019 Gypsy Wife Quilt Along on Facebook and have picked a bucket of scraps of various sizes and a few straight quarter yards of fabric to use to make the blocks in bright colors. I am still debating on my strips for the background.  The pattern is by Jen Kingwell.  I have been looking at it off and on over the last couple years debating if I wanted to do and since a friend is one of the admins, and that helped me make my decision.

I made one block from the Gypsy Wife Quilt. It is called Colour Wheel.



I finished a quilt this week that I am planning to mail today after an appointment.  It is a surprise gift for someone and there are actually two quilts in the box, one for her and one for her husband. Neither knows they are coming, so I am excited to hear their reaction and to post pictures after they are received. I always request a picture of the recipient with the quilt, so hope to get those posted also once I receive them.

Here is a sneak peek of the back of the quilt I am sending. 


Look for my post on January 31st with the Ugly Fabric Challenge Quilt and if I get it done, I will have both pictures of the quilts that include the Ugly Fabric.

Have a Quilty Week and for those of you in the storm areas, stay warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment